Monday, June 18, 2007

Survival of the wettest

Thanks for all your support everyone, but after withdrawing into my shell in typical Cancerian fashion, I've now returned to the land of the living. And truth be told, I probably wasn't quite as bad as I made it out to sound. And, in fact, it wasn't even really a migraine, just a tedious headache that lasted about a week and was accompanied by several sticky nights of profuse perspiration. Whatever it was, I have no idea, but I'm over it now, so let's all crack open a box of hemp granola and drench it with calcium fortified rice non-dairy beverage. Woo-hoo!

While I was in my cave, I did have a chance to consider our place in the universe. And wouldn't you know it, I made no major breakthroughs, just some Limericks. If Noah ever collected any literary specimens, I hope this pair of Limericks would be invited to board his ark, hand-in-hand.

"The Jurassic Age"
This orb was long ruled by reptillian giants
Who preyed on the weak with audacious defiance
       And nearly forever
       Though not very clever
A lesson therein from the pages of science

"The Human Scourge"
Mankind is in need of a better direction
Consuming and killing with savage perfection
       Where lies the answer
       To this bipedal cancer?
What can be done to contain the infection?

No comments: