Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Found Art Tuesday

This week's theme is light. I spent the day searching for a glimmer of hope at the bottom of a dark pit. Hopefully your day has been a whole lot better than mine.

"Light"
The sky knows no bounds to the ashy-crowned lark
The grass never browns when you walk through the park
       But their joy has no place
       Until sorrow they taste
You can't see the light till you stand in the dark

"Migraine Melancholia"
The morsels of time drag out longer and longer
With my corpulent head throbbing stronger and stronger
       My mind in a flurry
       My vision all blurry
What used to be right's looking wronger and wronger

3 comments:

Kathy L said...

The poem seems to reflect the mood or your state of mind when you wrote it. I hope you are feeling better. Migranes really suck...I know, I get more than my share...

k

Shauna R said...

Ah, so true good poet! Without darkness what is light? How would we recognize it? Although I don't suffer migraines, I do sympathize...PMS sends me to the nether regions and at times I think I shant return!

An Odd Duck said...

I hope you are ok, Granola Poet?