Thursday, May 3, 2007

water on the brain

Water — wow. Now there's a heavily charged element for a poet to wrap his mind around. Steeped in symbolism, drenched in double meaning... birth, death, mother, seas of change, streams of consciousness... Where would I begin? I went with my gut instinct, which was to follow the Tao. The softness thing overcomes the hardest thing, and all that jazz. I struggled with the topic for about half a day and ended with a pair of limericks.

Last night I made a clandestine trip to the grocery store and tried not to spend an inordinate amount of time in the cereal aisle. All went smoothly, and I successfully innoculated a box of Organics bran flakes and a box of Quaker Natural. May some lucky granola lover wake up tomorrow (or today?) with a pearl of wisdom to contemplate for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Rosa Murillo said...

I'm loving what you're doing! Go granola poet! I will buy some granola next time I'm in the grocery store hoping I find something, it's a long shot, I know....