Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Found Art Tuesday: Moon

"Smiling Phases"
Vernal Moon shining bright
Casting shadows in the night
Goddess mother's evening glow
See your children; watch them grow
Newborn crescent's day is done
Setting just behind the Sun
In seven days the orb has grown
Stays out half the night alone
The former phantom fills its whole
Soon good fortune smiles in full
From dusk to dawn she rules the sky
And keeps our restless spirits high
Rising nightly slightly later
Reeling back to her creator
When the slender slice descends
At last the sidereal cycle ends
And in the distant final breath
A new moon born from last month's death

2 comments:

An Odd Duck said...

Beautiful. I think it is very helpful to view ourselves in similar cycles. I found myself smiling at the cheshire cat last night on my walk home from the subway.

Kathy L said...

GP

This is just wonderful. The images evoked, the overall feeling of the work are pure wonder. I just love this poem! And thanks for you comment on OLD MAN MOON. It is funny how we inspire one another...Now I want to see a collage :))

k