Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Paigerella

Today I have to acknowledge the rambunctious Paigerella: literary enthusiast of the week! I just discovered that she's been reading and podcasting James Joyce's "Ulysses" in its entirety at paigerella.libsyn.com.* It's a lively rendition of the modern masterpiece, capturing all of its perplexing poetry and vitality. And it's proabably going to keep Paigerella busy for the rest of the year.
(*Sorry for the clumsy cut-and-paste links — I'm going to learn html as soon as I finish deciphering "Finnegans Wake")

"Paigerella"
There's a scholar who lives by the bay
With a passion for drama I'd say
      But the 16th of June
      May drive her to ruin
For she's madly obsessed by that day

1 comment:

SutroBleu said...

Oh, this was wonderful! I wish that I found a poem in my granola box :). I wonder if people who shop at your store get them regularly? I wonder if they stick to the same brand that they found their first poem in? No chance of you coming out to SF, is there?

-paigerella! :)