Monday, June 2, 2008

Summertime Blues

Ebb and Flow 6/02/08

My eloquence has failed me
With no more erudition
That boundless world of words
May never reach fruition

My needs and hopes and dreams
Just might be incongruous
I need a roof and bed and food
The rest is superfluous

A home with sun and sonorous sounds
And maybe there we’ll kick it
I follow my heart to the office
Spot a soul in my meal ticket

Ice cold logic draws the line
As clear as Aristotle
My life is either virtue
Or staring down the bottle

On the hand a golden ring
Worn where they can see
It means the heart is occupied
And no more vacancy

Everything went south
And something flew back east
Just lines across a map
That’s folded twice and creased

Like a one-way trip to Lisbon
Where all was left behind
What if it were different
If I could hit rewind

The tide is moving out now
The waters are receding
The lunar force alluring
But sometimes so misleading

No comments: